Can Diabetic Patient Eat Dates – Diabetes is a common lifestyle disease. If the diabetic patient control, it cannot be cured—Diabetes arises due to high blood sugar levels. The insulin formed by the pancreas are responsible for maintaining glucose levels in the blood. The absence or poor insulin-making or inability to use insulin causes Diabetes.
Diabetes can affect almost any part of the body. For this, you will need to achieve your blood glucose levels, also called blood sugar. Controlling your blood glucose level, as well as your blood pressure and cholesterol, can help prevent health problems that can occur with Diabetes.
What Is Diet Food For Diabetics?
Diabetic patients can have most food, but moderation is the key, which is to say, to have any foodstuffs in balanced amounts. So a better and straightforward question would be to ask what foods they should avoid, some of which are:
- Foods based on simple sugar like most sweets, kheer, concentrated milk, ice creams, etc.
- Foods were rich in fats like butter and ghee.
- High-starch fruits and vegetables like melons, dates, and potatoes.
Best Foods for Diabetics, as per World Health Organisation (WHO) and American Diabetes Association (ADA) Recommendations.
Some Are Food Good For Diabetics Patients
- Whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, or millet. These have fewer carbohydrates, thus beneficial for diabetics.
- Baked sweet potato (only)
- Items made with whole grains with no or exact little added sugar.
Some Are Fruits And Vegetables Good For Diabetic Patients
Beans: increase cardiovascular health and aids in weight loss.
Chilies: boost metabolism and aid in weight loss and loss of appetite.
Collard greens, a rich source of fibre and vitamins, can be used as a bulk material in vegetable salads to help reduce weight and give a satiety feeling.
Cucumbers are a rich water source that can help maintain healthy kidneys in diabetics. It also contains ample vitamins, minerals, and fiber to increase health and boost energy levels. Cucumbers are also very low in carbohydrates and thus can aid in weight loss and managing Diabetes. It is also suitable for curing digestive problems.
Garlic is a rich source of plant oils that help decrease cholesterol, thereby maintaining heart health. It is also a good remedy for managing hypertension and Diabetes.
Lemons: It is a rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which boost immunity, rid the body of ROS, which play a role in diabetic complications, improve skin health, delay aging, and rid the body of harmful toxins and able radicals.
Lettuce: has a high content of fiber and cellulose, which imparts a silky feeling, improves digestion, and helps in long-term body weight management, which delays some of the diabetic complications and maintains liver health.
Radishes: are rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substances.
Strawberries: are rich in anthocyanins which stimulate the burning of stored fats to reduce weight and manage blood sugar levels.
Spring onions: a rich source of allicin that prevents overeating. Thus, it can help in managing body weight and Diabetes.
Carrots: Rich source of vitamin A, good for healthy eyes, and helps manage diabetic retinopathy.
What Are The Tips To Control Diabetes?
Controlling Diabetes can be a tricky job. Apart from following a regular diet and maintaining a healthy weight, here are some other tips if you’re wondering how to control Diabetes:
- Track your blood pressure and cholesterol to prevent complications.
- Watch your blood sugar levels to avoid kidney disease and diabetic retinopathy, which can lead to blindness.
- Manage your stress levels.
- Stop smoking, as this can increase insulin resistance.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of the nap or sleep every single night.
- Exercise; weight management helps with blood sugar levels.
- Take your prescribed medications as directed.
- Go through a yearly body screening to stay updated about your body.
Consumption of dates is also very beneficial to reduce the bad cholesterol in the arteries. The special type of fiber found in dates binds with bad cholesterol and prevents it from being absorbed into the blood. Although dates are quite sweet, they are considered good for diabetics. Actually, its glycemic index is very low and at the same time many nutrients present in it bring many benefits to diabetic patients.