Name Of Vitamin B12 – cobalamin is one of 8 B vitamins, also called Vitamin B12. It can be very effective for your health. Found in Yogurt, Cheese, Chicken, Fish, Eggs, etc. The Vitamin boosts RBC formation and helps in treating blood loss.
Regular and proper consumption of Vitamin B-12 strengthens bones and treats osteoporosis. It also prevents the shedding of bones. Foods having Vitamin B-12 also help in treating depression and anxiety by releasing certain hormones which uplift the mood. Besides, the Vitamin boosts energy levels, giving you more stamina and strength. It also imparts health to your body, hair, and nails by strengthening the root of the problem.
What are The Vitamin B12 Deficiency Symptoms?
Vitamin B12 belongs to the B group of vitamins. B vitamins are essential to the body, especially vitamin B12. The main physiological functions of vitamin B12 are to prevent pernicious anemia, to take part in the production of bone marrow red blood cells, and maintain the health of the nervous system.
The body needs very little vitamin B12, and the suggested daily amount of vitamin B-12 for adults is about 2.4 micrograms. Once the human body lacks B12 Vitamin, it may cause many clinical symptoms, such as anemia, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, weakness, fatigue, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, pale skin, nerve damage, mood disturbances, and so on.
Vitamin B12 is generally stored in the liver for a long time; the total is only about 2 mg to 3 mg. If not supplemented with new vitamin B12, the stored vitamin B12 can still meet the body’s requirements for 3 to 5 years.
As long as you eat a regular diet, you will not be deficient in vitamin B12. Generally, dairy products, eggs, fish, meat, poultry, animal offal, etc., are rich in vitamin B12.
What Is the Best Diet For Vitamin B12 And Haemoglobin?
Non-Veg Foods For Vitamin B12
- Non-vegetarians can get iron and vitamin B12 from the following sources:
- Red meat is a fantastic source of iron and vitamin B12, especially beef, lamb, and venison.
- Poultry, Duck, turkey, and chicken are excellent Vitamin B12 and iron providers.
- Seafood is high in iron and vitamin B12, including fish and shellfish like clams, oysters, and mussels.
- An egg white and yolk both contain some iron, while the yolk is a good source of vitamin B12.
- The livers of beef and chicken are abundant in iron and vitamin B12.
These meals can help raise vitamin B12 and hemoglobin levels in your body. Yet it needs to include these items in a balanced diet and eat them in moderation
Veg Foods For Vitamin B12
- Several vegetarian foods can raise Vitamin B12 and hemoglobin levels, including:
- Legumes: Among the legumes, kidney beans, chickpeas, and lentils are significant sources of iron.
- The iron-rich foods spinach and other leafy greens also contain vitamin C, aiding in iron absorption.
- Cereals that have been fortified: Several kinds of grain have been added to iron and vitamin B12.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, cashews, and pumpkin seeds are all excellent sources of iron.
- Adding nutritional yeast to meals will increase the amount of vitamin B12.
- Tofu and tempeh: Soy products like tofu and tempeh can be fortified with vitamin B12 and are high in iron.
- A mix of these meals can enhance your diet’s hemoglobin and Vitamin
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that retains your nerves and red blood cells healthy. Besides, it handles the smooth functioning of several critical body processes. For example, it is needed to convert carbohydrates into glucose in the body, thus leading to energy production and decreased fatigue and lethargy.